HOMEABOUT MECONTACTSTYLEBEAUTY

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

a little more inspiration never hurt anyone.

let's face it, celebrities have a lot of influence. whether that be saving-the-world-via-adoption-of-as-many-unfortunate-children-as-possible à la Angelina Jolie, or the "NO H8" campaign, celebrities definitely have the upper hand on getting people to listen to what they have to say.

i'll admit it...celebrities influence me every day....fashion-wise, that is. i have a few favorites that just never let me down--they are always classic, always in style, and always pulled together!!!

VANESSA HUDGENS


















This girl always looks good. always!!! i love that she is the completely opposite of the typical Hollywood blond-haired, blue-eyed stereotype. Being half Filipino, half Irish (with some Native American and Spanish descent as well), she's exotic, yet always looks natural. She never overdoes it with anything--hair, makeup, fashion--and always has this glow. Her style can go from glamorous, to boho, to uber-trendy, and sexy (but never overly so, it's always sexy and sweet). I definitely identify with her style most of the time. Except for maybe the boho look. That doesn't really work too well with me...

KATY PERRY


















In the words of my best friend Gayle, girl crush. Eeeek! Katy Perry (soon-to-officially-be Katy Brand) has gone through, needless to say, many transformations. her style can be VERY out there, very tongue-in-cheek. i love her latest looks though...less pin-up with the thick, blunt bangs, and bright red or pink lips, but more relaxed and natural...longer hair, longer side-swept bangs, more realistic makeup (like in this photo). She's a married woman now, and I feel this look is more appropriate. Granted, being a celebrity, it's inevitable this version of Katy won't last long (tear!), but it's still inspiration to me while it last, probably even long after. I love how she never tries to hide her curves, but embraces them--stick-skinny will never be attractive to me! She proves that you can be sexy, and not have everything hanging out. She's known for being extreme in makeup and fashion choices, but when she's more subdued and covered, it just goes to show sometimes less really is more.

 JESSICA ALBA


















Really, who doesn't love Jessica Alba??! I've been a fan ever since the Dark Angel days, lol. She is another example of never going over-the-top (do you guys sense a pattern here....hehe). Every time I see a picture of her, her hair always looks perfect, yet not fussy. Like she didn't try too hard...because she doesn't have to try...that's a big thing with my hair, I make it a point to make sure it never looks too "done." Soft, touchable hair (as opposed to shellacked, stiff hair) is much more appealing. If my hair is down, you best believe you can run your fingers through it. And the rare times where it's up, best believe I make it look like it could fall out at any moment (but in reality it's fixed with a million bobby pins). And her makeup is always phenomenal. She is the queen of smudged liner!

EMMA STONE


















One of the most down-to-earth actresses I know. I love her! She always plays the geeky chick, but it's always geeky-cute meets geeky-chic. She is very personable and all the characters she plays are very relateable. I like her simple fashion and beauty style, but she also knows how to glam it up every now and then and give her look some edge. I probably subconsciously channel a little bit of Emma Stone on a daily basis, fashion-wise.

LEIGHTON MEESTER















A natural beauty. And, can I just say how amazing her voice is??! She is the only reason I watch Gossip Girl..i mean, I love me some Serena, but Blair's style probably identifies more with mine. I don't wear as many bows, ruffles, or headbands, but I dress along like a toned-down version of Blair. I do like bows, and lace, and that sort of Victorian-inspired style...just a modern, more edgier version of it. Leighton's makeup is always super, super natural. Like she's not wearing any. The "I just wake up looking like this..." look...and it's refreshing to be reminded that you don't need makeup to look good. It is merely an accessory. And she makes neutrals look good, not boring, either. Leighton's style is always classic, and she always dresses to fit her body. Her ensembles are always proportionate, which is good--always dress to fit your body! Know what shapes work and don't work. Never assume you can "make" something work for you, this is not always the case...

KIM KARDASHIAN



















You know I had to bust this one out....say what you want about her, but I'm talking style and beauty here. I always channel Kim Kardashian if I'm going out and about to dress and impress. I'm talking seriously sexy here. She's the queen of smokey eyes and nude lips. And while Katy Perry embraces her curves, Kim flaunts them to their fullest extent! Kim definitely always looks done-up--but sometimes, you just wanna go all out with your makeup. I love her bangs and straight hair in this picture, but I love Kim best when her hair is in soft waves and when her makeup is sexy neutrals. A signature look of mine is bronzey, smokey eyes. It's smokey, but the colors aren't crazy so I can get away with wearing it every day....definitely Kim-inspired.

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY


















Ever since Pirates, man...i love her ethereal beauty. Doesn't it seem like every picture she takes, her eyes have that brooding look...lucky girl. I try that and it really just looks like I'm sleepy or stoned....anyways, her style is amazing. Very romantic, very European. And I definitely have a romantic style. For a girl who doesn't like pink, I looooove me some florals. and I hate tight clothing. For me, clothes have to drape your body just right. And fashion is all about balance. If you go tight in one area, loosen up in another. Play with proportions and textures. For instance, if i wanna wear leggings, i'll wear a loose tunic with a belt around the middle, and a cropped jacket. Or if I wear fitten jeans with a fitted top and boots, then I make sure to have a flowy or relaxed jacket/cardigan on top. And don't get me started on Keira's makeup...her natural look is always pretty, but when she smokes it up, it's gorgeous. She smudges it a lootttttt a lottt...but the colors are kept neutral so it's never too crazy.

yup...that's it. I only wish there were more Asian actresses in Hollywood to inspire me!

1 thoughts:

Gayle said...

BestFriend, I see you as a Vanessa Hudgens/Jessica Alba when you're casual and definitely a Kim Kardashian when you're glammed up. :)

Post a Comment